Thursday, February 9, 2012

My sweet, giant Valentine!

I am always looking for fun craft ideas, and Disney FamilyFun Magazine is one of my favorite sources of ideas!  Their latest issue had a slew of creative Valentines that certainly go a step beyond the ordinary ones in the seasonal aisle at the grocery store.

After much deliberation, my 4 year old son and I chose the "Ginormous Lollipop" Valentine for him to take to share with his preschool class.  After a quick trip to the hardware store for a PVC pipe and an impromptu photo shoot in front of a zebra blanket, I worked a little computer magic, added a sucker, and voila: adorable Valentine! 


Of course he also wanted "Cars 2" Valentines, so those are tied on (not pictured) to the finished product... it seems that not every battle can be won (or is even worth fighting) between a mom and her preschooler!  Also, the photo shows a Valentine without his name, but for the ones we're sending to school, I scanned in a good "signature" and printed it on each Valentine.  He signed all of his "Cars 2" Valentines individually by hand, but this saved a lot of time and headaches for us!

I'm so excited to send these to school with him on Valentine's Day, and I hope his friends enjoy their "great BIG" surprise!  Get directions from FamilyFun's awesome website here.

2 comments:

  1. They turned out really nice. What a proud smile he has. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are way cute! Big Boy over here was so excited to see it in his bag today :)

    I was recently nominated for the Liebster award. I'd like to pass it to you! You can read about it here: http://www.vegetarianmamma.blogspot.com/search/label/Awards
    Keep up the great blogging! :)
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete