Thursday, June 23, 2011

Easy Banana Muffins


Most days begin in my house begin with this questions, "Mom, what's for breakfast?"  It is easy to get stuck in a cereal - frozen waffle - toast - granola bar rotation, so I love new, easy recipes to get us out of our breakfast funk.  The only issue is that breakfast seems to get left off of the shopping list, so I end up scrounging around for ingredients.  This recipe is the result of such "scrounging", with some help from my favorite easy recipe site, Kraft foods.

On this particular morning, I didn't have enough bananas (I had just one banana left over from the bunch) to make the bread in the recipe online, so I adapted and made some muffins with my single, over-ripe banana and some common pantry ingredients.  The result?  Yummy!  (Even my picky preschooler ate one- success!)

Easy Banana Muffins (based on one banana- can easily multiply)
This recipe yield about 6-8 muffins per banana used.

Ingredients

1/3 egg (I know, but lightly beat one and separate)
1/4 cup Miracle Whip Dressing
1 mashed fully ripe banana
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 tsp.baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
brown sugar (for topping-optional)

Directions

Heat oven to 350ºF.
Beat egg, dressing and banana(s) in large bowl with whisk until well blended. Mix remaining ingredients (except brown sugar) in separate bowl. Add to banana mixture; stir just until moistened.
Spoon nto muffin pan (greased or with liners), sprinkle with brown sugar.    
Bake 25-30 mins or until top is brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 min.; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.

Enjoy!

This easy recipe was adapted from this original recipe from Kraftrecipes.com: Easy Banana Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment